Our Mother of Divine Grace church, Ballygall is currently recruiting a Parish Sacristan.
This role is offered initially on a one-year fixed term /part time basis (approx 20 hours) including weekends.
ROLE The role is to provide a high level of support to the parish priest and parish team in the general running of the parish.
- Preparing the altar for daily Masses and other Liturgical Services e.g., Weddings and Baptisms
- Opening and closing the church
- Ordering/Administration /stock control of altar supplies
- Ensuring that the church is maintained to a high standard
- Any other duties that may arise
- Awareness and understanding of working within a parish environment with knowledge of the Catholic Church/Liturgy. Experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Awareness of Fire and Health and Safety Regulations
- Reliable with a flexible approach to working as part of a team and in relation to working hours
- Strong interpersonal skills/experience of dealing with the public and parishioners and respectful towards parishioners
- Sensitivity, confidentiality, and ability to take direction as appropriate
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and willing to undertake job related training e.g., Health and Safety Training etc
If you are interested in this role and think it might be for you, please make your application to
Fr. Joseph Ryan,
41 Cremore Heights,
St. Canice’s Road,
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reply enclosing a Curriculum Vitae and cover letter no later than 5.00pm on Friday 30th December 2022. Interviews will take place during the week of 9th January 2023.
Candidates successful at short listing may be required to attend two interviews. The final successful candidate will be required to undergo Garda Vetting.
To download this advertisement in .pdf form click here