Our Mother of Divine Grace church, Ballygall is currently recruiting a Parish Sacristan.
This role is offered initially on a one year fixed term /part time basis including weekends.
To provide a high level of support to the Priests and Parish Team by being responsible for the upkeep, maintenance and preparation of the church/church grounds on a day to day basis.
- Preparing the altar for daily Masses and other Liturgical Services e.g. Weddings and Baptisms
- Opening and closing the church
- Ordering/Administration /stock control of altar supplies
- Ensuring that the church is maintained to a high standard
- Any other duties that may arise
Awareness and understanding of working within a parish environment with knowledge of the Catholic Church/Liturgy. Experience in a similar role is desirable.
Awareness of Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Reliable with a flexible approach to working as part of a team and in relation to working hours
- Strong interpersonal skills/experience of dealing with the public and parishioners and respectful towards parishioners
- Sensitivity, confidentiality and ability to take direction as appropriate
- Enthusiastic, motivated and willing to undertake job related training e.g. Health and Safety Training etc
If you are interested in this role and think it might be for you, please make your application to
Fr. Joseph Ryan,
41 Cremore Heights,
St. Canice’s Road,
Please reply enclosing a Curriculum Vitae and cover letter no later then 5.00pm on Tuesday August 31st 2021.
Candidates successful at short listing may be requires to attend two interviews. The final successful candidate will be required to undergo Garda Vetting.
The Parish of Our Mother of Divine Grace, Ballygall is an equal opportunities employer.